Fall Seed Swap
Join other gardeners and us from across the United States in swapping seeds this Winter. Read below for all the details on how you can swap seeds with us!
How to make your seed packets:
The seed packets you use can be homemade or purchased. They can be different types of packaging or all the same! Past seed swappers have used plastic baggies, paper baggies, blank seed packets, and recycled materials. Get crafty OR use anything that will contain your seeds and can be labeled.
Info to include on your seed packets:
- Include the name of the seed variety you are sharing and any special growing instructions on the packet.
- Zone information and days to maturity would all be helpful if you know it.
- Your name or social media handle - let us know who you are and where you are from.
- We also encourage you to share recipes or a story behind the seeds you are sharing.
How many seeds per envelope?
We recommend 5-10 seeds per packet (or more!), depending on the type of seed. Include enough to make it worthwhile for a home gardener to harvest and save future seeds of their own.
Types of seeds you can swap:
- They can be saved from your garden or seeds that you purchased.
- Please only use viable seeds. Don’t use seeds that have been lying around for a long time.
- You may swap seeds, cuttings, and bulbs.
- Please, no chemically treated or GMO seeds.
- Unusual seeds are encouraged!
September 2023. Stay tuned for the specific date!
Please ship to:
Super Duper Seed Swap
P.O. Box 716
Newtown, CT 06404
Additional Seed Swap Information:
- Please ship your seed package to the P.O. box listed above only AFTER signing up for the swap through this website. Once you sign up, you will receive an order confirmation email.
- You will not receive an email reminding you to ship your seeds. Please note the date listed above and plan accordingly. We understand that "life happens," so please email us if you cannot meet the deadline or need to drop out.
- Your return seed package will ship once SDSS receives all the seed swappers' packages and sorts them among fellow swappers.
- Once your return seed swap package has shipped, you will receive an email confirmation.